Today we are kicking off our new competition, Hack The World 2016! Not only can you win some awesome prizes but we are also giving away a free e-book to get you up and running!
The idea is simple. Between July 20th 2016 to September 19th 2016 we want you to find as many vulnerabilities as possible. We have cash prizes, gadgets, and limited edition custom swag to reward those of you with the highest reputation and positive signal earned during the competition. Winners will also walk away with bragging rights from ruling Hack The World 2016.
There are two brackets: Experienced and New users. If you have had at least one valid report prior to July 20th 2016 you are automatically enrolled in the Experienced bracket. If you have never had a valid report on HackerOne you are automatically enrolled in the New bracket. This means that all of you new to HackerOne can get up and running too! No need to register for the competition, if you have an account, you are ready to roll!
So, what can I win?
In each bracket, you can win the following prizes:
1st Prize (Highest reputation)
- $1337 in prize money - cash in your hands.
- Limited edition swag - a unique bundle with the Hack The World 2016 imagery that proudly proclaims you are the winner.
- Pride of place - we will add you as the winner of Hack The World proudly on our website as well as on a plaque in the HackerOne office in San Francisco. We will also blog about your success and promote you on our social media accounts.
2nd Prize (2nd highest reputation)
- Eachine Racer 250 FPV Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera Eachine - an incredible drone which can stream live footage from the sky.
- Swag Pack - we will send you a bundle of HackerOne swag including a t-shirt, stickers, and webcam cover.
- Pride of place - we will add you as the 2nd place winner of Hack The World proudly on our website as well as on a plaque in the HackerOne office in San Francisco.
Runner Up Prizes## (next 5 ranked people by reputation)
- Swag Pack - we will send you a bundle of HackerOne swag.
How do I get started?
Step 1 - Go and read more about Hack The World by clicking here.
Step 2 - We want to ensure you have the very best information to help you write awesome reports. As such, we are giving you a free copy of Peter Yaworski’s Web Hacking 101 e-book (worth $10). Now either register or log in, and then click here. After you go to that page the book will be emailed to you.
Step 4 - Finally, keep an eye on where you are in the rankings by regularly viewing the Hack The World Leaderboard. As your reputation grows (and your signal is above 0), you will rise up the ranks!
Here at HackerOne we are excited to watch the leaderboard and who walks away with the crowning glory as winner of Hack The World 2016! Let’s do this...
HackerOne is the #1 hacker-powered security platform, helping organizations find and fix critical vulnerabilities before they can be criminally exploited. As the contemporary alternative to traditional penetration testing, our bug bounty program solutions encompass vulnerability assessment, crowdsourced testing and responsible disclosure management. Discover more about our security testing solutions or Contact Us today.