HackerOne Cookies Policy
Effective as of December 31st, 2019, HackerOne Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, "HackerOne", "we", "us", or "our") have updated our Cookies Policy.
We also may include tracking pixels, which are small graphic images, in our marketing communications to determine engagement. These cookies may be set by us or by third parties with whom we have partnered to assist in our marketing efforts.
Some portions of our Services are functional without cookies, and you may generally choose whether to accept cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default; however, you may be able to delete cookies yourself through your browser's cookie manager. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your web browser. Please note that disabling cookies will reset your session, disable auto-login, and may adversely affect the availability and functionality of our Services and other resources we can provide to you.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Functional cookies are necessary to help our Services to work as intended. Some of these cookies include, but are not limited to:
- app_signed_in – Determines if you have logged in before and, if so, provide you with a link to your HackerOne Inbox.
- privacycookie – Determines if you have dismissed a notification banner regarding this policy.
- _cfduid, _cf_bm – Used to identify malicious visitors, reduce the chance of blocking legitimate users, and provide customized services. Learn more at https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170156.
You may disable any of these functional cookies as described above; but if you do, various functions of the Services may be unavailable to you or may not work as intended.
The analytics cookies we use include:
- Google Analytics – Web traffic tracking. Learn more at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, and to opt out, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Bizible – Analyzes browsing activity to establish user profile. Learn more at https://www.bizible.com/privacy-policy, and to opt out, visit https://www.bizible.com/cookie-opt-out.
- TechTarget – Analyzes browsing activity to establish user profile. Learn more at https://www.techtarget.com/privacy-policy/ and to opt out, visit https://www.techtarget.com/individual-rights-request/. Please note that TechTarget will not collect any data when a user is identified by IP address as being based in the EU.
- Demandbase – Analyzes browsing activity to establish user profile. Learn more at https://www.demandbase.com/privacy-policy/.
- 6sense – Analyzes browsing activity to establish user profile. Learn more at https://6sense.com/privacy-policy/.
- Driftt – Analyzes browsing activity to establish user profile. Learn more at https://www.drift.com/privacy-policy/.
- Uberflip – Analyzes browsing activity to establish user profile. Learn more at https://www.uberflip.com/legal/#privacy-policy.
In addition, we also may include tracking pixels, which are small graphic images, in our email messages to determine whether the messages were opened and if the links were clicked. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels in emails we send you, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, but that may affect your ability to view images in other emails you receive.
Advertising & Targeting
These third-party cookies are placed by third-party advertising platforms or networks to collect information about your visits to and actions on certain pages of our Services so that they can deliver ads for relevant HackerOne products and services to you later, such as when you are on certain third-party sites. These cookies also track ad performance.
- DoubleClick – Provides Internet ad-serving services. Learn more at https://policies.google.com/privacy and to opt out, visit https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922.
- LinkedIn Insights – Analyzes browsing activity to establish user profile and advertising platform. Learn more at https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy, including how to opt out whether you are a LinkedIn user (via your ad preferences) or not (via the Digital Advertising Alliance for your jurisdiction). LinkedIn account holders can opt out specifically from LinkedIn's uses of certain categories of data to show more relevant ads. Visitors to LinkedIn can opt out here.