HackerOne brand ambassadors are leaders. You get hackers together to hack, learn and earn as a group. The Brand Ambassador program is HackerOne’s newest program built to empower you to empower the community.
Being a HackerOne ambassador gives you the opportunity to get hackers together in your city. To share knowledge, learn together, hack together, serve your community together. As a Hacker Brand Ambassador, you will be an extension of the HackerOne community team helping to answer questions on hacking or the platform, sharing tips and tricks on education and resources while building up or expanding your leadership skills. In addition to this resume booster, you’ll get to expand your network of hackers in your local area. The responsibility is great as you will be the owner of a hacking chapter in your city.
You will have the freedom to determine a format that works best for you and your community. You will be supported in events, activities, competitions and more If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, keep reading and apply below.
Requirements to apply:
- Passion for the hacking community
- Active on HackerOne (Hacker101, HackerOne CTFs, Bug Bounty, Pentest) within the past year
- Commitment to keeping your Club consistently engaged
- Commitment to keep your Club constantly growing
- No Code of Conduct violations
Bonus if you have proven involvement with the local hacking community (at any local conference, BSides volunteer, OWASP chapters, defcon groups, other groups) and if you are educational-focused and driven to share knowledge and collaborate with others!
- Exclusive Swag
- Digital badge on your HackerOne profile
- Gain experience to build and lead your local community - great resume booster!
- Direct access to the HackerOne Community Team
- Expand your network and meet lifelong friends!
Example of chapter activities that you could host!
- CTF competitions
- Learning groups
- Programming workshops
- Bug Bounty meetups
- Attend a hacking conference or event
- Host a workshop or lab
- Host a hacking meetup
- Discussions about cybersecurity
- Watch party for conferences, content streams etc.
- Study groups for security certifications
Do you have an idea that isn’t on here? You can certainly share your idea with HackerOne staff and they’ll help bring your idea to life!
How to Apply
Wait till the next application period and submit an application in the form below.
You must submit your application during the submission period. The current submission period has already finished and new ambassadors will be announced soon.
The next submission period will be between March and April 2022.
If an ambassador already exists for your local area, we might first recommend you join that chapter. As we grow and expand, we will open it up to open more than one chapter per local area.
If you have applied in the previous opening and you were not selected, this doesn't mean you can't apply again sharing any new experiences. Please feel free to do so.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.